Re: Regression in 2.6.27-rcX caused by commitbc19d6e0b74ef03a3baf035412c95192b54dfc6f

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 11:36:55 EST

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Larry Finger wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > He means rfkill_force_state() should change the LED state in the process,
> > which it isn't doing.
> >
> > It is an one-line patch, I am testing it now.
>
> If your one-line patch fixes my regression, then I'll ACK it for 2.6.27.

Sorry, it can't fix that regression by itself, since b43 is not using
rfkill_force_state() in mainline.

It will fix the same issue you are experiencing on b43 in anything that uses
rfkill_force_state(), which means (for mainline): iwlwifi, rt2x00,
thinkpad-acpi and hp-wmi.

It is a regression only on b43 and thinkpad-acpi, as the other drivers above
didn't use rfkill_force_state() in 2.6.26.

To fix the regression in b43, you'd be faced with the need of both my simple
patch AND Matthew's more complex one.

Henrique Holschuh