Re: [RFC 0/4] dynamically allocate arch specific system vectors

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 15:05:47 EST

Dimitri Sivanich <sivanich@xxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 03:46:54PM -0500, Dean Nelson wrote:

I need to look at these patches some more (apologies I got busy).

We can not assign a vector to all CPUS.

We don't have the fields for vector -> irq mapping for cpus that
are not-online. So we can only assign to cpus that are online now.
And latter add the other cpus when they come online.

I have had that oops, it sucks, I don't want to go back.

Eric