Re: [19.666764] Disabling IRQ #23

From: David Brownell
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 05:16:50 EST

On Wednesday 17 September 2008, Justin Mattock wrote:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/966076
> I've applied the patches just to see what would happen,
> As for now I have not seen the Disable irq #23 yet,

Those two patches should be in Greg's queue for 2.6.27...

It's also suspicious that EHCI is getting loaded *last* not
first. That's a common distro bug, although as I recall
we've always (since first driver versions) been clear that
it should be loaded first, before the companion (OHCI or UHCI)
driver. Loading it last causes various confusions and races
at the hardware level.

- Dave