Re: dmaengine.c: question about device_alloc_chan_resources

From: Timur Tabi
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 10:14:15 EST

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I believe the problem is that dmatest is telling the core to take
> multiple references on a channel. Take a look at
> net/core/dev.c:netdev_dma_event and
> crypto:asynx_tx/async_tx.c:dma_channel_add_remove both of those check
> to see if they already have a refence to the channel.

Ok, I see what these functions are doing, and dmatest_add_channel() is
not doing it. dmatest_add_channel() should not assume that it will
only receive one and only one DMA_RESOURCE_AVAILABLE for each channel.

I'll post a patch, if Haavard doesn't do it first. Thanks for looking
into this and getting back to me. I've spent the entire week
debugging this.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux kernel developer at Freescale