Re: kernel.h: add ARRAY_AND_SIZE() macro to complementARRAY_SIZE().

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Sat Sep 20 2008 - 13:34:07 EST

[Cyrill Gorcunov - Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 09:12:16PM +0400]
| [Christer Weinigel - Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 06:38:51PM +0200]
| > Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:
| >> [Christer Weinigel - Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 04:28:19PM +0200]
| >
| >> Well, can't agree with you :) It's my _presonal_ opinion.
| >> You could define it as
| >>
| >> static inline int platform_add_devices_array(struct platform_device **devs)
| >> {
| >> return platform_add_devices(devs, ARRAY_SIZE(devs));
| >> }
| >
| > Won't work. You would have to use a macro. The above would turn into:
| >
| > platform_add_devices(devs, 1);
| >
| > or would if the __must_be_array check didn't catch it.
| >
| > /Christer
| >

| Ah...indeed, my bad :) gcc is not that smart (yet). So there only
| the macro is possible (just forget that it will be different
| namespace scope). Anyway even having it like a macro would be
| better then hiding args.
|
| - Cyrill -

ie I mean

#define platform_add_devices_array(devs) \
platform_add_devices(devs, ARRAY_SIZE(devs))

which should satisfy the requirements. Please note that I'm not
trying to say it should be done like that - just a propose which
looks for me much better the ARRAY_AND_SIZE in context of routine
argument.

ps: i was to use macro before inline func but someone inside me
was talking - hey, use function, not macro... and I gave up :)

- Cyrill -