Re: Mark IPW2100 as BROKEN: Fatal interrupt. Scheduling firmware restart.

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun Sep 21 2008 - 18:45:30 EST

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 09:35:31PM +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> I don't know if it is for this bug or a different one, but Matthew
> Garrett seem to have some pending patches. At least that is what he told
> me at PlumbersConf. Lets see if these patches do help. And please follow
> up with Arjan's suggestion and put a WARN_ON in the upstream code
> instead of waving CONFIG_BROKEN around.

The fix I had for this was actually for ipw2200, but it ought to be
applicable for 2100 as well. The ideal fix is probably to ensure that
ipw*_down D3s the card and *_up D0s it, which brings enhanced runtime
power saving and also has the nice side effect of actually resetting the
damned POS in error cases.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx