Re: Unified tracing buffer

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Sep 23 2008 - 01:00:18 EST

> I don't think we can remove relayfs before adding this and switching over
> the users though (possibly it could all be done at the same time, but messy)

It's only two in tree users (+ systemtap) so shouldn't be a big hazzle.
And they're all tracers so presumably they all pass time stamps. But please
don't add a multitude of new methods to do this.

BTW I've been using something like that since early 2000. It was called
ktrace and was based on a old SGI patch.

-Andi

--
ak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx