Re: Warning/Oops report of the week of September 16th, 2008

From: Frans Pop
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 19:12:54 EST

On Thursday 25 September 2008, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> In the meantime, that warning is just best ignored entirely. It's not a
> kernel bug per se, or even anything that is fixable without changing
> exported user interfaces that in my opinion aren't necessarily even
> _worth_ changing (the only reasonable change is extending on the insane
> interface that nobody cares about).

Yep, I agree it's basically harmless and I have been ignoring it. But that
does not make it less annoying as, because of the call trace, it will
continue to show up in logcheck mails every time.

If no other solution is found soon, would a patch to just skip the sysctl
table check for this particular case be acceptable?