Re: [kernel-abi] symbol versioning vs. out-of-tree modules.

From: Greg KH
Date: Thu Sep 25 2008 - 10:00:16 EST

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 03:48:19PM +0200, PaweÅ Sikora wrote:
> 25/9/2008, "Greg KH" <greg@xxxxxxxxx> napisaÅ/a:
>
> >Are there any other out-of-tree modules that I need to be aware of to
> >help integrate?
>
> could you look at these:
> - http://www.tahoe.pl/eng/patch.php

This looks almost sane, I'll suck it in and contact the author. It does
look like they are suggesting that a core network change is also needed,
I'll find out what is going on there.

> - ftp://distfiles.pld-linux.org/distfiles/by-md5/8/e/8e4764f6c438427b00fb9aa93abb3cd7/toshbt-1.0.tar.gz

This is a bit odder, but might just be needed for one brand of laptop.
I'll ask to find out, at the least it needs to be changed to not use
/proc/ anymore, which is easily done.

thanks for the pointers, if anyone has any others, please let me know.

greg k-h