Re: [patch 00/04] RFC: Staging tree (drivers/staging)

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Fri Sep 26 2008 - 16:47:45 EST

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Stefan Richter
<stefanr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Parag Warudkar wrote:
>>
>> Just name the staging modules with _stg prefix like I said - easier to
>> spot _stg in the module list than decoding the taint.

>> It is nice to not have to change core kernel code and annoy users with
>> warnings
>
> Yes, let's annoy them with weird name changes instead.

So people now a days crave for documenting staging modules and also
get confused by the mixed use of driver_stg or driver? Come on.

The name changes hardly matter for auto loading staging modules and I
would be surprised if people document crap modules especially since
the stable ones are documented later if at all they end up being
documented.

Parag