Re: Serial console not working after device detection.

From: Brice Figureau
Date: Sun Sep 28 2008 - 07:18:49 EST

On 27/09/08 23:33, Alan Cox wrote:
Known problem - compile out the PnP serial support

Thanks Alan, that was it.

I recompiled without the pnp serial support and I could finally see the messages. Any chance it will get fixed soon?
I had a look to the archives and could only find only a couple of bug reports since a few years, so I guess that's not enough pressure for anyone to care :-(
I'll file a bugzilla bug report if there is none and a debian bug too, that might help :-)

For the short story about my not booting kernels: my issue is related to a lilo issue in presence of large initrd or kernels (ie I needed to have large-memory set in my lilo conf).

Thanks,
--
Brice Figureau