Re: mounted file system bottleneck

From: Chris Snook
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 13:19:57 EST

Jason Czerak wrote:
I believe I found some sort of bottleneck with mounted networked file
systems over 10Gig Ethernet. I've posted a question to linux-net with
zero response since Friday.

You're posting a support question to a developer list. This is frowned upon. You might get more attention here if you conduct a more scientific test and report it in a more scientific fashion.

http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/net/0809.3/0013.html

This is also frowned upon. Please send your data directly to the list, unless it is absolutely enormous.

Could a few of you folks here take a look at this and tell me what you
think is the issue?

Offhand, I'd guess atime updates. Unless you're seeing this on a new upstream kernel, you should contact your vendor for support. Or NetApp.

-- Chris