Re: Linux 2.6.27-rc8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Mon Sep 29 2008 - 22:23:54 EST

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> we have a patch to save/restore now, in final testing stages
> (obviously we want to be really careful with this)

Btw, the _real_ bug is clearly in the hardware design that allows you to
brick those things without apparently even having a lock bit.

I'm hoping Intel doesn't treat this as just a software bug. Some hw
designer should be thinking hard about which orifice they put their head
up in.

It used to be that you could fry some monitors by feeding them
out-of-range signals. The _monitors_ got fixed.

Linus