Re: [RFC patch 0/5] genirq: add infrastructure for threadedinterrupt handlers

From: Daniel Walker
Date: Thu Oct 02 2008 - 15:04:29 EST

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 20:42 +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

> Clearly you have neither clue about real time nor about operating
> systems in general.

Here we go again Thomas.. You think you can have a conversation without
the insults for once?

> Solaris, some BSDs and MacOSX use interrupt threads. Where exactly is
> the relation to realtime?

The very fact that you mention it in your release notes .. You mention
the type of system in "preempt-rt" and the advantage of your system..

> The concept of interrupt threads is nothing which is in any way
> related to real time. It is a well known and pretty old concept in
> operating system design.
>
> The fact that real time operating systems benefit from interrupt
> threads is a totally different topic.

The fact that a direct relationship exists means that any threaded
interrupt system needs to take into account the inevitable connection to
real time since it will be used in that system as a core component.. If
you can't effectively achieve real time with your system , than that's a
problem that needs to be addressed.

Daniel