Re: sysfs: tagged directories not merged completely yet

From: Greg KH
Date: Sun Oct 05 2008 - 01:39:09 EST

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 11:13:31AM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 11:23:57AM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > Benjamin Thery <benjamin.thery@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> > >
> > > Oh.
> > > It's a pity Al couldn't re-review them before. We've already lost a lot
> > > of time with this patchset and it's blocking easier testing of network
> > > namespaces (right now, with a mainline kernel, we have to disable sysfs
> > > to build network namespaces).
> >
> > I am confident that we have a good base with these patches and the rest of
> > the work can be done incrementally on top of them if any issues turn up.
> >
> > Al recent rework of sysctl has a very similar structure.
>
> No, it does not. My apologies for delay, but here are more printable parts
> of review.

<snip>

Al, thanks a lot for the review, I really appreciate it.

Eric, I've removed the following patches from my tree so you can rework
them, if you want to.

driver-core/sysfs-support-for-preventing-unmounts.patch
driver-core/sysfs-sysfs_get_dentry-add-a-sb-parameter.patch
driver-core/sysfs-implement-__sysfs_get_dentry.patch
driver-core/sysfs-rename-support-multiple-superblocks.patch
driver-core/sysfs-introduce-sysfs_sd_setattr-and-fix-sysfs_chmod.patch
driver-core/sysfs-sysfs_chmod_file-handle-multiple-superblocks.patch
driver-core/sysfs-implement-sysfs-tagged-directory-support.patch
driver-core/sysfs-merge-sysfs_rename_dir-and-sysfs_move_dir.patch
driver-core/sysfs-implement-sysfs_delete_link-and-sysfs_rename_link.patch
driver-core/driver-core-implement-tagged-directory-support-for-device-classes.patch
driver-core/sysfs-remove-sysfs_create_link_nowarn.patch
driver-core/sysfs-revert-netns-fix-device-renaming-for-sysfs.patch
driver-core/netns-enable-tagging-for-net_class-directories-in-sysfs.patch
driver-core/sysfs-user-namespaces-fix-bug-with-clone-with-fairsched.patch

thanks,

greg k-h