Re: APIC misconfiguration

From: Cyrill Gorcunov
Date: Mon Oct 06 2008 - 12:50:27 EST

[Andrey Batyiev - Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 07:23:08PM +0300]
| Hello everyone
|
| I'm trying to create touchscreen driver for Wibrain UMPC. I found
| out that device doesn't emit interrupts until I switch polarity
| field in IO_APIC_route_entry. To do this, I need to export
| ioapic_read_entry and ioapic_write_entry symbols from
| arch/x86/kernel/io_apic_{32,64}.c
| Is there any other (better) way to do this?
|
| Thanks,
| Andrey

Hi Andrey,

actually it's not a bug of APIC itself but rather misconfigured
device I think. Not sure thru which bus it does work (pci
i suppose) but I think you better are to fix it on more higher
level like in config space of this device. PCI guys could tell
you more about this area I believe.

- Cyrill -