Re: x86_32 tsc/pit and hrtimers

From: Chris Snook
Date: Wed Oct 08 2008 - 16:25:16 EST

Jeff Hansen wrote:
This worked perfectly! I second adding a kernel option that forces trusting the TSC. I can make a patch if you'd like. Should the option be something like "trusttsc" or "tsc=noverify"?

How about a "highres=noverify" flag, to disable all CLOCK_SOURCE_MUST_VERIFY checking? People might want to use this with other timers too.

-- Chris