Re: [git pull] x86 updates for v2.6.28, phase #1

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 16:44:20 EST

Vegard Nossum wrote:

Note: If you don't want the double underscores anywhere, this patch is
not enough.

For example:

-#endif /* ASM_X86__MACH_DEFAULT__MACH_TIMER_H */
+#endif /* _ASM_X86_MACH_DEFAULT__MACH_TIMER_H */

There are also a few non-trivial changes, which could break with a
naÃve sed script. So I suggest to simply revert it, it's a lot safer
than trying to patch it up in the last minute.

I'm obviously also sorry for causing this problem in the first place... *blush*

Double underscores aren't the problem per se, the problem is having changes _ASM_X86_ to ASM_X86__ and therefore violating the namespace.

That being said, I don't personally like the double underscores.

-hpa