Re: [GIT]: Networking for 2.6.28

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat Oct 11 2008 - 16:11:28 EST

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008, David Miller wrote:

> So the proper include (of net/ip.h) is there in ip_vs_xmit.c, but this
> failure can also happen if CONFIG_INET is not enabled.
>
> Are you doing that kind of test build?

No, but somebody is.

> This patch should fix that case, let me know if it works:

How about you test it? It wasn't my bug-report, I just reported another
report from somebody who _does_ run randconfig.

Here's another one:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `bt_poll_rfkill':
toshiba_acpi.c:(.text+0x37346): undefined reference to `input_event'

where the cause seems to be a totally broken Kconfig entry ACPI_TOSHIBA.

You can't just do

select INPUT_POLLDEV

since that in turn needs all the _other_ input stuff. Yes, yes, things
like various keyboard drivers do exactly that, but they are already inside
"if INPUT_KEYBOARD/INPUT_MISC" or similar.

So at the very least, you'd now have to have it do a "depends on INPUT" or
something like that.

Or perhaps just make that particular _feature_ depend on it, rather than
make the whole driver depend on or select it.

Linus