Re: when spin_lock_irq (as opposed to spin_lock_irqsave) is appropriate?

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Date: Sun Oct 12 2008 - 07:48:23 EST

On Saturday 11 October 2008, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
[... very useful explanation omitted ...]
> Does this answer your question?

As Oliver pointed out, part of confusion wa my asumption that _irqsave
verion saves actual interrupt mask. It actually does not.

This leaves me with a question - how can I know whether interrupts may
(not) be disabled at particular point? In particular, is it safe to
assume that any place marked at "code may sleep" has interrupts enabled?

Thank you both!

-andrey