Re: pull request for range-hrtimer updates

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun Oct 12 2008 - 19:37:28 EST

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 13:37:49 +0200
Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > pulled into tip/timers/range-hrtimers, thanks Arjan!
>
> i have put these latest bits into tip/master today and -tip testing
> found a boot failure on a 32-bit testbox: a boot crash in
> hrtimer_interrupt():
> note highres=0 and hpet=disable. You probably need to try these if
> you want to trigger the same crash.
>
> Reverting these updates from tip/master solves the crash.

yeah there was an interesting race there.
If you go idle the first time it's also the first time you decide to
not do hrtimers anymore.. and my code didn't cope with that well.

please repull
ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arjan/linux-2.6-hrtimer.git
to also get the fix

visit http://www.lesswatts.org