Re: [Cbe-oss-dev] powerpc/cell/oprofile: fix mutex locking forspu-oprofile

From: Robert Richter
Date: Mon Oct 13 2008 - 11:13:44 EST

On 13.10.08 16:53:28, Arnd Bergmann wrote:

> > > Linus has been getting stricter about only putting in fixes for
> > > regressions and serious bugs (see his recent email to Dave Airlie on
> > > LKML for instance).  I assume that the corruption is just in the data
> > > that is supplied to userspace and doesn't extend to any kernel data
> > > structures.
> >
> > That's right, please queue it for -next then.
>
> I just realized that this patch never made it into powerpc-next after
> all, neither benh nor paulus version. Whoever is handling it today,
> could you please pull
>
> master.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arnd/cell-2.6.git merge
>
> to get this commit below. I have rebased it on top of the current
> benh/powerpc/next branch.

All powerpc oprofile patches are in this branch:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rric/oprofile.git powerpc-for-paul

Pending patches are:

Carl Love (1):
powerpc/cell/oprofile: fix mutex locking for spu-oprofile

Roel Kluin (1):
powerpc/cell/oprofile: vma_map: fix test on overlay_tbl_offset

Please pull from there.

-Robert

--
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.