Re: [stable] Linux 2.6.27 will be a longtime supported kernel

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Tue Oct 14 2008 - 19:04:04 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 04:10:54PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 03:37:05PM +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:

If the question is why it isn't .26 or .28:

I'm checking whether my computer works fine with a kernel, and also very slightly what distributions might use a kernel, but in the end
it's pretty random.

So any distributions using .27 by the looks of it? It looks like Debian
is going with .26 for the 5.0 release, so if nothing else they will have
to be maintaining that one for quite a while. I suppose having someone
maintain .27 makes sense in that case.

Fedora, Ubuntu, and openSUSE are going to be based on .27 from what I
can tell.

According to distrowatch, Mandriva and Gentoo as well.

Chris