Re: linux-next: origin tree build failure

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 07:02:17 EST

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:33:19AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hm:

> Author: Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> AuthorDate: Fri Oct 10 15:58:14 2008 +0100
> Commit: Liam Girdwood <lrg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> CommitDate: Mon Oct 13 21:51:56 2008 +0100

> if a patch is merged as agressively as that, it should at minimum be
> tested a bit.

It has been tested (I've got some systems here that rely on the WM8350
fairly heavily) - what was missing was cross platform testing on
architectures that don't define NO_IRQ. The code is rather older than
the dates indicate due to some rearrangement of the patch series, though
obviously out of tree stuff has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Anyway, I've posted a patch removing the use of NO_IRQ from the driver
(as <1224066054-24401-1-git-send-email-broonie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)
which should hopefully be merged shortly.