Re: [patch 17/18] net/rfkill/rfkill-input.c needs <linux/sched.h>

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Oct 15 2008 - 09:12:20 EST

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:10:18AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Unfortunately that's not possible, due to Include Hell(tm).
> > Therefore, including <linux/sched.h> is the way this has been fixed in
> > the past.
>
> I see. Well, when doing this I'd suggest adding a comment, otherwise the
> include could end up getting removed sooner or later without anyone asking
> linux-m68k first (I seriously douby anyone will do git blame to find out why
> an #include line exists before removing it).
>
> Something like:
> #include <sched.h> /* m68k needs task_struct for <whatever> */

Such comments in the kernel tend to be old ones you cannot trust.

And #include removals are not really a common case - sometimes someone
cleans up something specific, but I don't think anyone will remove
#include's of sched.h from random .c files (considering how much
sched.h pulls in the fallout of such #include removals would be many
build breakages) unless someone seriously reorganizes sched.h itself.

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed