Re: several messages

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Sun Oct 19 2008 - 15:40:19 EST

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Jiri Slaby wrote:

> +enum hid_type {
> + HID_TYPE_UNKNOWN = 0,
> + HID_TYPE_MOUSE,
> + HID_TYPE_KEYBOARD
> +};
> +

Do we really need the HID_TYPE_KEYBOARD at all? It's not used anywhere in
the code. I'd propose to add it when it is actually needed. I.e. have the
enum contain something like HID_TYPE_MOUSE HID_TYPE_OTHER for now, and add
whatever will become necessary in the future, what do you think?

On Sun, 19 Oct 2008, Jiri Slaby wrote:

> +/**
> + * hid_mouse_ignore_list - mouse devices which must not be held by the hid layer
> + */

I think a more descriptive comment would be appropriate here. It might not
be obvious on the first sight why this needs to be done separately from
the generic hid_blacklist. I.e. something like

/**
* There are composite devices for which we want to ignore only a certain
* interface. This is a list of devices for which only the mouse interface
* will be ignored.
*/

maybe?

Thanks,