Re: [stable] [patch 00/17] 2.6.27-stable review

From: Josh Boyer
Date: Thu Oct 23 2008 - 11:48:18 EST

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:33:48 -0700
Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 06:33:39AM -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:53:45 -0700
> > Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Huh?
> > >
> > > Patch 3:
> > > Driver core: Fix cleanup in device_create_vargs().
> > > solves a memory leak on an error path that has every opportunity to
> > > happen in the driver core. Do you think this is not a real bug?
> >
> > Grr.. Typo on my part. Patch 4 is the one I originally meant:
> > "Driver Core: Clarify device cleanup." It changes nothing but
> > comments. I don't think it's a big deal at all, but are documentation
> > changes also allowed now?
>
> It was a documentation change, fixing the information for a core API
> call to be correct and match what the code really does.
>
> It also carried no risk of a regression, and as such, I decided to take
> it. If you note, we have also taken other patches that fix up
> documentation issues like this in the past, so it was not the first
> time.
>
> Was this that big of a deal?

No. I said that already. I'm just trying to clarify what the
expectations are for -stable because when it first started stuff liek
that wasn't taken. Also, it seems nobody has updated the documentation
file as -stable has evolved. I'd be more than happy to correct that,
but I just need to get a feel for where -stable is at before I can do
that.

Not trying to be a stick in the mud, just trying to help. If you'd
rather I don't, that's fine too.

josh