Re: [git pull] IDE updates #4

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Thu Oct 23 2008 - 18:13:26 EST

Hello.

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

Also I didn't know anything about your patchset and its
dependency on TX4939, otherwise I'll be pushing things in
The patchset consists of a large patch moving read_sff_dma_status() to its porper place, one small preparatory patch, and 2 followup patches, so unfortunately it's dependent on TX4939 in its main patch (worse, the relevant part of this driver has changed after your last merged driver version)...
different order or even skip this pull request if needed
(TX493x drivers are new stuff and were still under review,
such things can be also submitted after the merge window
closes so they were given the lowest priority).
Unfortunately, that driver has been submitted first back 9/09, long before my patchset was even created, so the dependence was just natural.
I could also rip out TX4939 part from the patch and leave Atsushi to deal with the fallout (though I could give him the ripped out part to simply be merged to the driver) if you would queue my patchset ahead of the driver. Though I feel it's too late now for my patchset to get into 2.6.28 the way things have been happening... :-/

Ehm, submitting things _before_ the merge window usually help. ;-)

If I only had time to do that...

Anyway, no need to get too frustrated over it. It is normal that

I got used to my bad luck long ago -- this was only a minor series of misfortunes... :-)

MBR, Sergei