Re: commit a802dd0e breaks console keyboard input

From: walt
Date: Fri Oct 24 2008 - 19:14:44 EST

Heiko Carstens wrote:
On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 05:52:57AM -0700, w41ter@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Fri, 24 Oct 2008, Heiko Carstens wrote:
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 05:09:24PM -0700, walt wrote:
Hi team,

commit a802dd0eb5fc97a50cf1abb1f788a8f6cc5db635
Author: Heiko Carstens<heiko.carstens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon Oct 13 23:50:08 2008 +0200

Call init_workqueues before pre smp initcalls.

This commit causes the console login prompt to ignore my keystrokes
so I'm unable to log in (though ssh works fine). Oddly, if I hit
ctrl-alt-delete the machine does reboot, but no other keystrokes
appear on the screen or have any effect that I can detect...

Please try the patch below. It basically reverts the whole stop_machine
patches. That way we should know if it really comes from the moved init
call or if it is some other weird bug. I would have expected more bug
reports if the stop_machine patches would be broken. Hmmm...

<second patch snipped for brevity>

Yes your second patch fixes the keyboard problem, thanks. The lack of
other complainers is what made me think of a BIOS bug, but that's just
wild guesswork on my part. I'm happy to keep trying patches if you can
keep making them :-)