Re: Framebuffer issues in 2.6.26 with uvesafb and vesafb. Linux is about choice!

From: Robert Moss
Date: Sat Oct 25 2008 - 16:22:54 EST

ok, this morning, I turned on my computer, and it gave me the error
message again:

Undefined video mode number: 317

I immediately restarted, and this time appened edd=off to the kernel
line. It started up without incident. But I can't be sure if it was
the appendage that caused it, or if for some reason, it randomly
decided to work, however, because the 2.6.24 kernel never failed me,
and I could never get the other, higher kernels to work (repeatedly) i
believe this may have something to do with it, but of course, i'm not
sure what edd=off does, I would guess enhanced display detection, but
thats just a guess,