Re: [tbench regression fixes]: digging out smelly deadmen.

From: Evgeniy Polyakov
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 08:23:24 EST

Hi.

> > Can anyone please tell me if there was any conclusion of this thread?
>
> For the reference, just pulled git tree (4403b4 commit): 361.184
> and with dirty_ratio set to 50: 361.086
> without scheduler domain tuning things are essentially the same: 361.367
>
> So, things are getting worse with time, and previous tunes do not help
> anymore.

That's the picture, how we go on my hardware:
4 (2 physical, 2 logical hyper-threaded) 32-bit xeons 8gb of ram.
We probably can be a little bit better for -rc1 kernel though,
if I enable only 4gb via config.

Better one time to see than 1000 times to read. One can scare children
with our graphs... Picture attached.

--
Evgeniy Polyakov