Re: Bug in workqueues [was: Usb devices randomly aren't detectedwith 2.6.28-rc1-git1]

From: Mikko C.
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 15:01:21 EST

Linus Torvalds ha scritto:
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, Mikko C. wrote:
Here's the full config: http://pastebin.com/d1481da76

Ok, you do indeed not have HOTPLUG_CPU, so I'd be willing to bet this is it.
Does -rc1-git2 not have the fix yet?

It should indeed be in -rc1-git2, so you can test it that way.

-git2 seems to fix all the issues I had:

- rmmod works fine
- Sound is back and apps using it don't freeze
- usb devices seem to be detected correctly
- I will test wifi, but the first boot was ok (if not, I guess it's not related to this).

I guess next time I'll be more patient and wait a little more before trying a new kernel as soon as it's out :P

Thanks!!!

Mikko