Re: Bug in workqueues [was: Usb devices randomly aren't detectedwith 2.6.28-rc1-git1]

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Oct 26 2008 - 15:08:05 EST

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008, Mikko C. wrote:

> I guess next time I'll be more patient and wait a little more before trying a
> new kernel as soon as it's out :P

No, no, please do test. It's how we find these things. It got missed on
most machines just because if you happened to have suspend enabled (or
just hotplugging cpus in general), the cpu hotplug code would hide the
problem.

So having people test things with their odd configs is all good. Even if
it inevitably causes some wasted effort too...

Linus