Re: bisected: 2.6.28-rc broke my iwl4965 wireless

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Mon Oct 27 2008 - 12:42:30 EST

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 09:38 -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> > 2.6.28-rc1 broke my (intel 4965) wireless, and I've bisected it down to
> > the commit below..... something's fishy with this...

> Additionally if the old behaviour is desired for now (until distributions
> catch up and add CRDA) CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY can be enabled
> and you'll get the old behaviour of defaulting to country "US".

Luis, Arjan's bug is actually indicative of a driver bug, he told me
that he actually runs into driver message like "cannot set TX power
while scanning", and it's fixed by setting WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY for
some reason. Arjan, do you still have the actual messages you get when
it fails? That's a separate bug we should address, rather than relying
on it not happening with the old regulatory setting.

johannes