Re: Suspend to RAM regression in 2.6.28-rc2 (bisected)

From: Johannes Berg
Date: Mon Oct 27 2008 - 15:14:08 EST

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 20:11 +0100, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:

> > Do you get any kernel messages output? If you do, could you put messages
> > into each line of ieee80211_set_disassoc to see where it hangs?
>
> No messages appear, just a black screen.
>
> But I can use the SysRq keys, and when I umount the
> screen shows the message that umount succeed. I also tried SysRq+t but
> the messages appear to fast to read.

Ok, but that means you _can_ get messages, it would help a lot if you
could put a few printks into the set_disassoc function before/after each
other function call, so we know where exactly it hangs. Pretty much all
of them could possibly hang if there is some sort of locking error
happening or anything relies on userspace to be running...

johannes