Re: tmpfs support of xattrs?

From: Rob MacKinnon
Date: Mon Oct 27 2008 - 17:12:51 EST

Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
> On Monday, 27 October 2008 21:25:31 Stephen Smalley wrote:
>> Looks like a bug in Smack's implementation of the inode_listsecurity
>> hook to me. Did you mean to enable Smack in your kernel config?
>
> Yes, there is at least one bug there; this kernel is broken. You may want to
> try booting with a kernel command line option like "security=none", which
> *should* turn smack off.
>
> Andreas

All,

Indeed the kernel cmdline option security=none did disable smack. So
atleast that works. Thank you all for helping me track this down. I can
now return to updating packages (some of which have been waiting
patiently for this to be cleared up)! Though I will be looking forward
to this feature working as it was intended. ;) Let me know if there is
a bug # assigned and I'll quietly return to lurking... ;)

-- Rob