Re: radeonfb lockup in .28-rc (bisected)

From: James Cloos
Date: Mon Oct 27 2008 - 21:52:01 EST

>>>>> "Benjamin" == Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Benjamin> Annoying... Either I'm doing something wrong (which is always
Benjamin> possible) or we're hitting yet another fancy ATI bug (the M7
Benjamin> generation is known to be pretty bad in that area).

Yes, M7 does have its idiosyncrasies. :)

Benjamin> First, let's see if it's related to the imageblit. Can you
Benjamin> re-apply the reverted patch and apply this little hack on top
Benjamin> :

I'm starting a compile now. It'll be a couple of hours until I can
reboot.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@xxxxxxxxxxx> OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6