Re: mmotm 2008-10-30-02-23 uploaded (cifs)

From: Jeff Layton
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 06:45:25 EST

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 21:39:50 -0700
Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steve French wrote:

> >> fs/cifs/connect.c: In function 'cifs_mount':
> >> fs/cifs/connect.c:2180: error: request for member 'sin_addr' in something not a structure or union
> >>
> >> rand-config attached.
> >
> > These line numbers don't match anywhere close to what I expect to find
> > in -mm based on the contents of fs/cifs in cifs-2.6.git tree. My
> > guess is that has a cifs patch from Jeff Layton, not in cifs-2.6.git
> > which may have other dependencies, and in any case IIRC has since been
> > removed from -mm but if not that patch may be the problem.
> >
> > The closest line I have is:
> >
> > sprintf(pSesInfo->serverName, "%u.%u.%u.%u",
> > NIPQUAD(sin_server.sin_addr.s_addr));
> >
> > and since sin_server is defined as
> > struct sockaddr_in sin_server;
> > that should be fine.
>
> I can't tell you whether this is in cifs.git, but the erring lines are:
>
> tcon =
> find_unc(sin_server.sin_addr.s_addr, volume_info.UNC,
> volume_info.username);
>
> where sin_server.sin_addr should be sin_server->sin_addr.
>
> HTH.

This looks like a goof on my part. I have a later patch in this series
that eliminates that call. In an earlier patch series, these patches
were in reverse order and I neglected to fix this when I reordered the
series.

I think Andrew ended up dropping this patch from -mm for the time
being. It's going to need modification anyway due to other changes, so
it's probably best that it find its way to mainline via his tree.

Thanks,
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>