Re: [RFC] B+Tree library

From: JÃrn Engel
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 09:16:26 EST

On Fri, 31 October 2008 14:07:16 +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:

> OTOH, there is no need to put the SSID in if I put a small list into
> each node, effectively using the tree instead of the hash table and then
> disambiguating the unlikely case of multiple SSID in a list.

Exactly. In sunny wheather btrees can be a good implementation for hash
tables. They can grow and shrink as needed, without taking the latency
hit for rehashing every single item. Until lock contention or pingpong
shows otherwise. :(

Most likely the answer to bad whether is RCU. Patches are welcome.

JÃrn

--
They laughed at Galileo. They laughed at Copernicus. They laughed at
Columbus. But remember, they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.