Re: 2.6.28-rc2 hates my e1000e

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Oct 31 2008 - 12:59:17 EST

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008, Jonathan Corbet wrote:

> The system boots, and I get what appears to be a working eth0. This
> machine mounts some NFS filesystems, though, and as soon as I try to do
> that, everything locks up. I've come to expect NFS to be slow, but
> that exceeds my expectations somewhat.
>
> Other things seem to work, so, maybe, the NFS thing is a totally
> different problem, don't know.

It certainly could also be that the network card is unhappy in its new
location.

Can you do any reasonable testing at all without NFS? In particular, can
you boot without NFS and test that the networking still works?

Oh, and getting the old (2.6.27) and new (2.6.28-rc2+patch) /proc/iomem
would be nice.

No hurry.

Linus