serial port problem

From: Dmitry Melekhov
Date: Sat Nov 01 2008 - 07:38:22 EST

Hello!

I have problems with connecting to any equipment since kernel 2.6.24
(Ubuntu 8.04)-
if I connect cisco switch or router I can't do anything with it, but
when I boot previos kernel (from Ubuntu 7.10 )
all is OK.
Today I did upgrade to Ubuntu 8.10 (kernel 2.6.27) and still have the
same problem.
So I downloaded and installed kernel 2.6.27.4 and still have the same
problem.
I connected zyxel modem to port and I see that it gets commsnds- it's
data lamp blinks, but I get nothing.
Situation is different on my colleague machine- since ubuntu 8.04 he can
see in minicom or gtkterm how connected router boots,
but then he can't send someting over several port to router.
I created bug report in ubuntu's launchpad, but there is no solution.
As I now see this problem exists with kernel from kernel.org could you
tell me how can I find where problem is?

Thank you!