Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] Fan level 7 after resume wit 2.6.28-rc3

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Date: Wed Nov 05 2008 - 07:26:49 EST

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 08:33:08 +0100, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > I tried 2.6.28-rc3 (git a75952b) on my ThinkPad X61s, and now the fan
> > runs at full speed after resume from suspend:
>
> I forgot to look into the kernel logs for more info. Well, I found this
> line:
>
> thinkpad_acpi: restoring fan level to 0x07
>
> So I guess that according to
>
> ACPI: thinkpad-acpi: attempt to preserve fan state on resume
>
> the attempt failed. :-)

Indeed. Please send the full kernel output of thinkpad-acpi, showing boot,
suspend and resume messages from the driver, please?

Also, please tell me what is the contents of /proc/acpi/ibm/fan (and if
possible, the contents of /proc/acpi/ibm/ecdump) before you issue the
suspend command.

Henrique Holschuh