Re: [ibm-acpi-devel] Fan level 7 after resume wit 2.6.28-rc3

From: Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 09:21:22 EST

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008, Tino Keitel wrote:
> The whole fan level stuff looks a bit complicated to me. Especially the

It is. The sysfs hwmon interface does not map 1:1 with the three possible
thinkpad fan control interfaces. fan_control_desired_level is used for that
interface mainly, since I have to remember the last state used that was in
the set of 0-7, ignoring AUTO (which is a separate pwm control mode for
hwmon) and full-speed (which is a separate pwm control mode for hwmon).

It is hijacked by fan_suspend/fan_resume to store state between
sleep/resume, because that was convenient. Too bad I failed to notice it
would not work properly for that.

> The attached patch tries to simplify this a bit. It sets

NAK, it would break a lot of stuff. See my previous reply on this thread
for *some* of the stuff it would break.

I will have a proper patch out probably within 24h but most certainly before
next Monday.

Meanwhile, I suggest you just remove the calls to fan_suspend and fan_resume
as a workaround.

Henrique Holschuh