Is the PCI serial driver code GPL v2 or v3

From: n0ano
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 12:43:52 EST

I notice that many of the files that make up the serial driver
are licensed as "either version 2 of the License, or (at your
option) any later version". Unfortunatley, I would like to use
some of the code from `drivers/serial/8250_pci.c' in grub2,
which is a GPL v3 project, but the copyright for this file
says:

* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License.

The `either' in that sentence would lead me to believe that there
was a typo and the `or later' clause was dropped off but, as it
stands, it's just bad English that says version 2 only.

Anyone know what the true intent was and how to resolve this?

--
Don Dugger
n0ano@xxxxxxxxx