Re: leds-hp-disk vs lis3lv02d

From: Éric Piel
Date: Thu Nov 06 2008 - 16:45:37 EST

Pavel Machek schreef:
OTOH it should not block merge; both drivers still work and are useful.
But for long-term the HPQ0004 specific things in the lids3v driver should get merged with your HP leds driver also registering for HPQ0004 and the lids3v specific things should get a separate driver which HPQ0004 driver makes use of?
So in the end also for the HPQ0004 device only one driver should register for?

Yep... and this is the step in that direction. Relative to my previous
patch...

Later led stuff will get merged to hp_accel.c...
Hi Pavel,
Just to say I like this approach. It should be completely compatible with the idea of allowing different buses (SPI and I²C) as well. Of course, I wish it could be possible to have the led and accelerometer drivers separated because they have no common point but the fact that they are advertised by the same PNP ID. But I can deal with that.

Andrew, is there anything preventing the merge of the lis3lv02d driver from your tree to Linus' one? I think it's still worth to integrate it as is, and later on this refactoring can take place.

See you,
Eric