Re: PROBLEM: module a100u2w (SCSI, Initio) on ppc

From: Stephen Harker
Date: Sat Nov 08 2008 - 23:25:39 EST

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:30:27PM +0900, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:09:01 -0700
> Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > (cc linux-scsi)
> >
> > On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:30:41 +1000 Stephen Harker <s.harker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> Seems that this driver has some bugs on big endian architectures
> (though I've not looked at the patch):
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=121613124207253&w=2

I realised I had not replied to this email. With this patch the
driver works fine. I now have both drives on the Initio SCSI bus and
am running Linux (Yellow Dog), OSX and OS9 with no problems. A rough
timing attempt (hdparm -t) gave something like 18 MB/sec for the IBM
UltraStar and around 35 MB/sec for the Cheetah. This is a big
improvement over the built in MESH with its limit of 10 MB/sec!

--
Stephen Harker s.harker@xxxxxxxxxxx
PEMS