Re: [ath5k-devel] Bugs on aspire one A150

From: Maxim Levitsky
Date: Wed Nov 12 2008 - 12:52:05 EST

Nick Kossifidis wrote:
2008/11/10 Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@xxxxxxxxx>:
Bob Copeland wrote:
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:26 PM, Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
** 2 - wireless: not to mention the fact that ath5k wasn't installed by
default in ubuntu...
wireless more or less works, but kernel log is full of backtraces.
As you've seen, these should at least be gone now...

Was able to connect to my WPA2 access point.
Sometimes wireless fails completely, especially after suspend to ram.
Did you get noise calibration failures in dmesg at this point? Felix posted
a patch recently that handles them better.
Yep, but they seems to be gone in latest -git too.
Wireless work fine now, it seems like my iwl3945.

Advanced features like monitor/injection work, but when I changed the card's
mac address it stopped working.
I also noticed that if I then start airodump, then wireless works with new
mac.
Why it doesn't accept new mac?, can this be fixed?

Any update on mac changer status?

** 4 - wireless led doesn't work.
ath5k devs, can you fix this?
Currently all the LED code we have in there is for setting a particular gpio
for particular laptops (and they differ between models). We only have quirks
for IBM and HP, none for Acer. Also, the legacy-hal seems to have a different
strategy for 2425 chips. I can try to hack up some code for you to test.

I have seen on the web that madwifi did support the led with some gpio settings

sysctl -w dev.wifi0.ledpin=3
sysctl -w dev.wifi0.softled=1

from https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky

i think that some led settings are stored on EEPROM, let me check it out...

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky