Re: Oprofile [still] doesn't work on 2.6.28-rc4 on certain CPU

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Fri Nov 14 2008 - 06:12:28 EST

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Robert Richter wrote:

> Could you at least test with v2.6.27?

Oprofile in 2.6.27 doesn't work on this system, as far as I know.

> I could not reproduce it on the hardware I am using.

Yes, it seems to be very system-specific. As I have said in my original
mail, the machine we are seeing this problem on is

vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 15
model : 47
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
stepping : 0

but on the other hand on the following CPU, the oprofile works with 2.6.27
and 2.6.28-rc4 without any problems, NMIs are coming flawlessly

vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 15
model : 4
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
stepping : 8

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs