Re: [alsa-devel] 2.6.26.[6|7]-rt11, alsa rawmidi, seq hang(tasklet_hi_schedule?)

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano
Date: Fri Nov 14 2008 - 13:57:29 EST

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 09:15 +0100, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> > I've been trying to follow the printk crumbs without much success.
> > AFAICT it all points to tasklet_hi_schedule ...
>
> I don't have -rt, but if the error is similar to the old one you might
> try replacing tasklet_hi_schedule with tasklet_schedule.

YES YES!! __Thanks__ for the suggestion, it WORKED!!

Maybe the kernel rt gurus should look around and see _why_ the problem
was happening in the first place. There are not that many uses of
tasklet_hi_schedule in the kernel tree I'm working with:

./drivers/char/drm/drm_irq.c
./drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca/ehca_irq.c
./drivers/infiniband/hw/ipath/ipath_cq.c
./drivers/infiniband/hw/ipath/ipath_driver.c
./drivers/infiniband/hw/ipath/ipath_intr.c
./drivers/infiniband/hw/ipath/ipath_sdma.c
./drivers/media/video/vino.c
./drivers/mmc/host/omap.c
./drivers/mmc/host/wbsd.c
./drivers/net/chelsio/sge.c
./drivers/net/ehea/ehea_main.c
./drivers/net/smc91x.c
./drivers/s390/block/dasd.c
./drivers/s390/cio/qdio.c
./drivers/s390/net/ctcm_fsms.c
./drivers/s390/net/ctcm_mpc.c
./drivers/usb/c67x00/c67x00-sched.c
./drivers/usb/gadget/gmidi.c
./kernel/softirq.c
./sound/core/rtctimer.c
./sound/core/timer.c
./sound/drivers/vx/vx_core.c
./sound/drivers/vx/vx_pcm.c
./sound/pci/es1968.c
./sound/pci/maestro3.c
./sound/pci/mixart/mixart_core.c
./sound/pci/pcxhr/pcxhr.c
./sound/pci/pcxhr/pcxhr_core.c
./sound/pci/riptide/riptide.c
./sound/pci/rme9652/hdsp.c
./sound/pci/rme9652/hdspm.c
./sound/pcmcia/pdaudiocf/pdaudiocf_irq.c
./sound/usb/usbmidi.c

Maybe other drivers are affected as well by the rt patch.
What is the difference between tasklet_hi_schedule and tasklet_schedule?

Thanks again...
-- Fernando