RTC problem in PS3

From: Fabiano Manoel de Andrade
Date: Sun Nov 16 2008 - 17:44:41 EST

Hi I've compiled the latest version of linux kernel (2.6.27.6) in my
PS3 running debian and get a warning message listed here

Setting the system clock.
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an access method.
* Unable to set System Clock to: Sun Nov 16 20:33:06 UTC 2008

The problem can be reproduced with the commands

# hwclock --debug
hwclock from util-linux-ng 2.13.1.1
hwclock: Open of /dev/rtc failed, errno=2: No such file or directory.
No usable clock interface found.
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
# ls -l /dev/rtc*
ls: cannot access /dev/rtc*: No such file or directory

the system I still have the problem. Looking at kernel config I change the
rtc-ppc to be build into kernel and this solve totally the problem. So the
ps3_defconfig must set the rtc-ppc to be build into kernel.

Thanks in advance.
Fabiano.